An American in Prague

"Life is change...death is dwelling on the past, or staying in one place too long."

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Curtis-enpowerment, craving gossip

So I'm wasting way too much time in an Internet cafe. I don't want to know what my bill will be. What else is new, right? But here goes nothing.

After an uneventful St. Patrick's Day, April Fool's Day turned out to be a really fun night! Beth and I relaxed on Friday, so we were up for a party on Saturday. We started off by attending my co-worker Jo's 27th birthday party at Radost. This restaurant has THE best nachos I've ever tasted in the Czech Republic, so we enjoyed some of those. After that, we hit Casa Blu for Tereza's birthday party, where I had a fantastic Mojito and sangria, mostly since I was trying my damnedest to avoid drinking beer after our Mexican indulgence at dinnertime. Nick, Melissa, Kelly and Anne met us there and we capped off the night by dancing at Zero near Dlouha Trida. Cut to me dragging my tired ass home at 4 a.m. and sleeping until noon. Ha! Pictures of this April tomfoolery will follow.

Other than that, not much is new with me since Melissa's departure. So I'm hoping to travel to Salzburg, Austria during one of two long weekends we have in May. They're not big on the long weekends here. This'll be my first official long weekend since Christmas (i.e. first actual holiday). Since I'm on this whole new "Curtis-enpowerment" kick, I'm not gonna wait for someone to come with me - I am gonna do it alone.

My new work schedule has pros and cons...on the one hand, I don't travel as much as I was in November and December, but on the other hand, the students are becoming REALLY boring lately since they are all businessmen who want business English. Throw me a bone and let me have ONE student who wants to discuss movies or music or something, ya know? I didn't try this business out to talk about finance all day, ya know?

I've been dying for some good, juicy gossip or something. Or something to shake up my world. It's becoming routine. You know what I mean?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home