An American in Prague

"Life is change...death is dwelling on the past, or staying in one place too long."

Monday, February 13, 2006

The soundtrack of life

Curtis's Life: The Soundtrack

Opening credits: "Head Over Heels" -- Tears for Fears

Waking up: "Tempted" -- Elvis Costello

Average day: That's a toughie...maybe "Don't Stop" by Fleetwood Mac

First date: "Orange Colored Sky" and "Almost Like Being in Love" -- Nat King Cole (assuming the date was good)

Falling in love: "Maybe I'm Amazed" -- Paul McCartney (Wings), "My Funny Valentine" -- Chet Parker, "More Today than Yesterday" -- Spiral Staircase

Love scene: "Wicked Game" -- Chris Isaak (can't think of a better love scene song than this!)

Fight scene: "Precious Things" -- Tori Amos; "Smack My Bitch Up" -- The Prodigy

Breaking up: "Don't Come Around Here No More" -- Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers

Getting back together: "God Only Knows" -- Beach Boys

Secret crush: "You Don't Know Me" -- Ray Charles; "Open Your Heart" -- Madonna (I had this MASSIVE crush on an old co-worker who used to have to unlock the door to the office for me. The "I hold the lock, and you hold the key" line fit the situation perfectly)

Life's okay: "On a High" -- Duncan Sheik, "That's Life" -- Frank Sinatra

Mental breakdown: "Blue Monday" -- New Order (depending on how bad the breakdown is, the Orgy re-make is also appropriate).

Driving: "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" -- Elton John (I've often fantasized about playing this song while driving in a convertible down the Pacific Coast Highway in Santa Barbara, CA)

Learning a lesson: "Sour Girl" -- Stone Temple Pilots (this song was playing *when* I learned an important lesson)

Deep thought: "Don't Change Your Plans" -- Ben Folds Five (after leaving Manhattan on 9/11/01, I came home and put this song on repeat. Since then I sort of associate it with that emotion)

Flashback: "1979" -- Smashing Pumpkins, "Ironic" -- Alanis Morrisette

Partying: "Take Me Out" -- Franz Ferdinand, "Last Night" -- The Strokes

Happy dance: "Since U Been Gone" -- Kelly Clarkson

Regretting: "Re-Offender" -- Travis

Long night alone: "Moon River" -- Andy Williams

Death scene: "Live to Tell" -- Madonna (Morbid thought: I want this song played at my funeral. Still her best ballad after all these years!)

Closing credits: "Bittersweet Symphony" -- The Verve (OK, so I'm stealing from "Cruel Intentions," but I honestly can't think of a better song for credits!)



I don't care what everyone else thinks -- I love the Old World Brit lady-of-the-manor look!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home